Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jeremy Nicoll - news posts[_2_] Jeremy Nicoll - news posts[_2_] is offline

Default 8cm legs/plinth - IKEA Faktum?

DaveN wrote:

If it's all going to be hidden behind a plinth, you could simply use
wooden blocks under the side panels of the units. You don't need legs
at the back at all, just sit everything on a batten screwed to the
wall.

If there's any possibility that someone may lean heavily on the carcase
bases in future, eg while doing plumbing or electrical work at the back,
it's worth properly supporting them anyway. I've had chipboard floors in
units break (possibly having got damp in the past). They're now all held up
with blocks as well as their legs.

to replacing "aaa" by "284".