Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] google3luo359@yahoo.com is offline

Default Septic alarm

On Dec 2, 6:25*pm, RBM wrote:

Typical systems work on gravity and don't use pumps. At the top of the
septic tank is an exit pipe or pipes that go to the fields where the
liquids are dissipated. The solids fall the the bottom of the tank, and
those that are not broken down by bacteria eventually get pumped out by
the septic company. When your fields are uphill from the septic tank
location, you add a second usually smaller tank for the effluent to
overflow into, and from there it's pumped uphill to the field location

Yes I realize the difference between gravity-based and pump-based
systems.

I figured Will had read my post and seen that I have a pump-based
system.
Of course a gravity-based system wouldn't need an alarm usually.
That is why, when he said he didn't have an alarm, I thought he
probably had a gravity based system, but wondered why he mentioned it
(as it would be obvious).
Thus my questions.