Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_3_] RBM[_3_] is offline

Default Septic alarm

On 12/2/2011 2:24 PM, wrote:
On Dec 2, 9:56 am, wrote:

So the Septic cleaner guy didn't know how to fix/reset the alarm?
I would think that it would be part of his training.
I have a septic tank, but no alarm.
Try this google search resulthttps://www.google.com/search?q=septic+tank+alarm+troubleshooting

Yeah I was hoping that the septic cleaner guy would get at the alarm
problem.
After all, that was really the whole point of the call to him.

I figured once someone is coming over to get at the alarm, they may as
well clean out the tanks, because it's been five years since they were
pumped out.

Well after he was done pumping out the tanks he said he couldn't fix
the alarm and gave me the name of a company who could do it!
$367.25 CAN later....

I'm curious how you get by without an alarm?
Do you have a pump with your system that pumps out to higher ground?
What if the pump should fail? How would you know about it before the
sewage backs up into your house?

Typical systems work on gravity and don't use pumps. At the top of the
septic tank is an exit pipe or pipes that go to the fields where the
liquids are dissipated. The solids fall the the bottom of the tank, and
those that are not broken down by bacteria eventually get pumped out by
the septic company. When your fields are uphill from the septic tank
location, you add a second usually smaller tank for the effluent to
overflow into, and from there it's pumped uphill to the field location