Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Whirlpool Duet Washing Machine Door Lock Issue

On Dec 2, 12:26*am, Tori Andrews wrote:
Ok...so I my whirlpool duet washer is driving me crazy! It will not unlock the door. What do you suggest?

My Frigidaire front loader did that to me...twice.

The first time it happened I unplugged the unit to reboot it but that
didn't solve the problem. I then ran through the diagnostics via the
front panel and when it got to the test which unlocked the door, it
unlocked it. The error code it eventually displayed was a generic
"door lock" error.

The problem stayed away for over a year.

The next time it happened even the diag couldn't unlock the door. I
ended up having to remove the top and reach down into the unit to
physically release the lock mechanism to unlock it. After that I
replaced either the lock mechanism or the solenoid that controls it. I
know I bought both but I don't remember which one fixed it.

The manual should explain how to run the diags.

Good luck!