Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_2_] Steve W.[_2_] is offline

Default Skil grinder question

Steve B wrote:
I have a Skil 110v. double ended grinder/buffer wheel. It runs smooth,
doesn't growl, and seems pretty balanced. When I turn it off, it only takes
3-4 seconds to stop spinning. I would think it might take longer. I shot
some lubricant where I can reach, but there doesn't seem to be any use
accessible ports. I have not taken it off and looked underneath yet.

Is it common for these to stop so quickly, or are the bearings needing lube,
or getting tight from gunge?

Steve

My antique GE 6" takes about 15-20 to spin down.
It was a salvage item like the OLD GE 1/2" reversible drill I have.
(which reminds me I have to strip that down and clean/relube the gearbox)
--
Steve W.