Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Electric Heaters Not 100% Efficient?

On 11/30/2011 8:21 PM, HeyBub wrote:
Tony Miklos wrote:

Where exactly is the energy lost except maybe a very, very tiny
fraction as heat in the wiring and connections? (and in this case
not a factor since the objective is to heat the room)

I've heard, that if you look closely, you'll find some very fine
powder or dust in the vicinity of some electric heaters. This is the
loss in energy inasmuch as the energy has been converted to matter.
Of course it takes an enormous amount of energy to create even the
smallest amount of matter (and vice-versa), so don't expect to see
piles of the pills. But every electric heater I've ever had will
show dust around it after sitting in one place for the winter season.

Perhaps that's what the "loss of energy" people are talking about.

I can't tell if you are joking or not? Gawd I hope it was a joke!

My apologies. I try to be ambiguous on almost every post - it gets people
either thinking or outraged. Even in the latter case, my view is that
adrenaline is good for you. I should have said that up front.

Sorry.

So your new justification for your bizarre posts to screw with people
for personal entertainment is that you are "helping"?