Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] dennisgauge@gmail.com is offline

Default screwing into aluminum channel

On Dec 1, 4:25*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Why, oh why won't you respond to the numerous inquires as to why you
don't want to use wood?

Why is that?

Because, our friend "Laura" here has it in her head that what she is
trying to do has never been done before, and that the only way to do
it is the most unconventional, expensive, complicated, asinine, and
cockamaime way known to man.

She will make eleventy-dozen excuses why normal, accepted methods and
materials won't work because hers is a "special" situation.

For certain, it's a wet basement. Oh, but she can't fix the water
intrusion problem properly for eleventy-dozen reasons, but she's got
magic paint that's just as good. Oh and she absolutely HAS to have a
finished basement...

Normal corner-cutters would simply fir out the wall with pressure-
treated lumber. Oh, but not our friend Laura. She's got some "thing"
about the chemicals they use in pressure-treated lumber. It's all for
the children. Doesn't matter that the mold and mildew that's growing
behind the drywall is going to kill her kids long before the trace
amounts of arsenic will. There's arsenic in her bottled water and
arsenic in the kids juice drinks, but that's okay. The boards buried
behind the drywall are DEADLY!

We can't use steel studs because of the moisture. Steel rusts, right?

Hmm, what can our friend Laura use... Wait, aluminum isn't steel, and
if it's not steel it doesn't rust right? Aluminum is the answer!

WRONG: Alumium studs + steel screws + moisture = battery

There won't be anything left under the drywall in 6 months, except
mold and mildew.