Posted to alt.home.repair
Home Guy Home Guy is offline

Default Ah, the enjoyment of gun ownership and use...

"Attila.Iskander" wrote:

who will then subjugate and terrorize the law-abiding.

With what?
Sticks and stones? Clubs and knives? Their fists?
The citizens can have those too.

Not everyone is strong or quick enough to use those successfully.

Guns are not the "great equalizer".

Someone that's too weak (physically, emotionally, etc) to use physical
force to commit a crime can more easily commit that crime by using a
gun.

At 60, I sure as hell, am not stupid enough to get into a
fistfight with some punk 40 years younger than me.

That presupposes that you always have a gun within easy reach, at all
times, in your home or when out in public. That they're not taken from
you during a struggle, used against you, stolen from you during these
encounters.

Guns are not ergonomic replacements for physical ability when confronted
with an un-armed assailant. Your own strength (if you have it) is
something you always have with you, can be used instantly - reflexively,
can't be taken and used against you.

When confronted with an armed assailant, there's no garantee that you
won't be shot if you're unarmed. But if you are armed, the brandishing
of your own gun will almost garantee a shoot-out, the outcome of which
is far from certain.

I'll just shoot the goblin

You watch too much TV.

How can you explain that you have the right to own a gun - but
not a machine gun?

There you go being ignorant again
I do have the right to own a machine gun

While I was under the impression that silencers and machine guns were
generally prohibited across the board, it does seem that they are legal
(if not hard to obtain and expensive to own) in some states, and illegal
in others:

==================
http://www.shootersdepot.com/legalities.html

NATIONAL FIREARMS ACT (“Class 3” weapons ) LEGALITIES

To our knowledge, the following States BAN the following :

Machineguns are banned in : CA, DE, DC, HI, NY, WA.

Suppressors are banned in : CA, DE, DC, HI, IL, KS, MN, MO,
MS, NY, NJ, RI.

Some States would have additional requirements (like LA, MD)

One more “kink”:

Machineguns (not the other NFAs) can only be owned by Civilians if they
are registered as such by May 19, 1986. This is the reason that
transferrable machineguns are gaining over 25% of value annually !!!