Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_3_] RBM[_3_] is offline

Default Septic alarm

On 12/1/2011 11:25 PM, wrote:
On Dec 1, 10:40 pm, wrote:

As far as the alarm part of the system goes, there should be a pair of
wires, or a two wire rubber cord going from the alarm box to the alarm
float in the pit. The problem is either a bad float, or a bad cord,
where the wires have shorted together internally, causing the alarm to
stay on. Depending upon how the wiring was installed, it could be a very
easy installation.

Thanks for your reply. I agree with your assessment.
The question is though, would I be able to troubleshoot this myself?
I have a multi-meter and some electronics knowledge, but I'm not a
elec. wiz.
Granted this situation isn't rocket science.

Is there a quick way to get to the core of this on my own?

TIA

Yep, just follow Bob Hofmann's advise. He's got it nailed. If the system
was installed in a proper fashion, it won't be too difficult. Often, the
wiring to these systems is done in an ass backwards Rube Goldberg
fashion, where wiring and junctions are buried or otherwise inaccessible.