Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Swapping a wheelie bin lid

ARWadsworth wrote:

One of my wheelie bin lids had broken (the wind blew it over and snapped the
lids arm)

Now rather than bugger about phoning the council and asking for a new one I
was just going to pinch someone else bin lid on my way home from the pub
tonight (the fat bird at no 16 that still owes me £40 for a job I did last
week seems an ideal victim).

Now how do you change the lids? I need to know what tools to take with me..

On mine it is simply a pair of plastic plugs which are an
interference fit.

They emptying machine seemed to have eaten one of mine recently,
but I happened to have a large bolt which I screwed in to replace
it.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK