Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
John Larkin John Larkin is offline

Default Very low power dynamo (alternator actually).

On Wed, 30 Nov 2011 11:31:35 -0600, John Fields
wrote:

On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 08:44:40 -0800, John Larkin
wrote:

On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 15:45:26 -0000, "Ian Field"
wrote:

"John Larkin" wrote in message
On Sun, 27 Nov 2011 12:06:24 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Sun, 27 Nov 2011 10:50:39 -0800, Fred Abse
wrote:

On Sun, 27 Nov 2011 10:28:17 -0800, John Larkin wrote:

Alternators like this are often designed with a lot of internal series
inductance. As speed increases, open-circuit terminal voltage
increases, but the series inductance impedance increases too, tending
to make them constant-current sources, ideal for driving light bulbs
at sorta constant brightness at various speeds.

What I was going to say.

I think there is an ancient patent somewhere about just that.

Well! Alternators _are_ current sources,

Ah, so their terminal voltage must be infinite.

John

Just ignore the troll JT - every time I ask a question, him and JF troll up
a flame war so I don't get any answers.

JF doesn't understand enough to furnish help,

---
Geez, I guess you either missed the "6 bit binary attenuator thread",

which you got wrong

the "Pots, loads, and nonlinearities" thread,

which was done better in the Radiotron Handbook, about 50 years ago

the "Series, parallel,
and series-parallel loads" thread, the "My God it works!" thread, the
"Tracking ADC" thread, and the "Another question for those in the
know" thread, or are just trying to spread rumors, misinformation and
lies, as is your wont.

yawn.

---

and JT might
occasionally, within his narrow range of expertise, but all he wants
to do is strut about past glories and inflate his ego, and doesn't
actually want to be helpful. Both are sad old fools.

---
When Jim furnishes help

He rarely does. He has just declared that alternators are current
sources (which they obviously aren't) but won't say why.

it's usually in the form of a fully annotated
schematic

No, it's usually a boast, an off-topic redneck political rant, a claim
that he knows something but won't say, or a search for help for some
tacky honeydoo project.

John