Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default outside water softener

Doug wrote:
I have a house that came with a outside water softener that has
digital controls. It's located just west of Houston, Texas. One
water softener guy told me to cover the controls with plastic for
freezing weather in winter. Normally we get a few days below freezing
or otherwise 35 F or so in winter. I know gas stations have digital
controls and they don't bother to cover them in winter so I'm
wondering if it's really necessary? The old owner never mention this
to me either. He said just add salt and let it do it's thing when I
bought the home in early summer. Advice ???

If it's made for outside use, I'd leave it alone.

As for freezing, doubtful. Extremely doubtful.