Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default screwing into aluminum channel

On Dec 1, 4:12*pm, (Graven Water) wrote:
Jim Yanik wrote:
mounting aluminum directly on a concrete block wall may not be such a good
idea;chemicals in the concrete may react with the aluminum,causing
corrosion far greater than any from SS deck screws.

I think this applies more to aluminum that's embedded into concrete,
not channels screwed onto it. *Only the legs of the channels would
be in contact with concrete block. *I'm going to paint the
concrete block wall with a sealer, so the aluminum wouldn't be in
direct contact with concrete. *It's below ground level, so liable
to dampness.

Or maybe I could use galvanized steel channels? *I'm not sure if those
are available in the right size.

To attach drywall to the channels, I need to use screws with a flat
head, like deck screws or drywall screws. *The metal screws I saw
didn't have flat heads.

Laura

Why, oh why won't you respond to the numerous inquires as to why you
don't want to use wood?

At least 3 different peple have asked, you've responded to other parts
of their posts (including mine) but you never address the "Why not
wood?" question.

Why is that?