Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Tserkezis John Tserkezis is offline

Default Unusual keyboard fault

Gareth Magennis wrote:

I'll never looked at LED failures the same again.

Some time back, we had a piece of comms equipment come through the
workshop with a critical led not lit. This was not good. If that led
wasn't lit, it meant very, VERY bad things.

The guy who was working on it was in a panic, speculating multiple
track breaks (the boards were cheap multi layer with very thin copper.
They were so fragile, we never did trust anyone else handling them.

Turned out it was just a led failure. Had it been plugged in and
turned on, it would have worked.. Unfortunately, we didn't have a live
data feed it needed in the workshop at that time, which would have saved
us a bit of time.
Only reason it was pulled out of service, was the field guys had seen
the missing led, and although it appeared to be working, they quite
rightly brought it in anyway.
--
Karma, Let me guess, The Toyota Factory!