Posted to uk.d-i-y
Newshound Newshound is offline

Default Bosch dishwasher problem: solenoid voltage?

On 01/12/2011 14:40, Graham. wrote:
On 01/12/2011 12:11, Newshound wrote:
Bosch dishwasher giving a "Check Water" light. Water supply is fine.
Standard solenoid valve on the inlet supply, low resistance on the (240
volt) solenoid. Power it up, and only seeing 85 volts AC on the solenoid
supply, which seems odd to me.

Does that sound like the problem, or do these solenoids operate on lower
voltage?

TIA

Perhaps it is switched on by a triac on the PCB. Triac is buggered, and
acting as a halfwave rectifier. Is there any reading on the DC range of
your meter?

Very good thinking. I was wondering about checking the DC while walking
the dogs. Unfortunately to get at the board I'll have to disconnect the
chamber from the base and the pumps, but that theory gives me a good
reason to try it. I'll check for DC first.