Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bitrex Bitrex is offline

Default Onkyo TX2500 mk II

On 12/1/2011 1:37 AM, Phil Allison wrote:
"Bitrex = ****wit "

Tuning to FM with the muting on gives no output; disengaging the muting
circuit, with no external antenna, I get static and a few very faint
stations.

** FFS - try attaching an antenna - ****WIT !

I don't own a proper a FM antenna. I almost never use a receiver to
listen to the radio. When I do I get plenty of strong stations with no
external antenna, as I mentioned.

In my area with most receivers I get plenty of strong
stations with no external FM antenna.

** Blatant LIE.

FM receivers normally give no output with no antenna.

Portables and clock radios have ANTENNAS !!!

I live about eight miles from several 40,000-50,000 watt ERP FM stations
- the other receiver I have here picks them up just fine with great
sounding audio without an external antenna. It's magic!

... Phil