Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Two problems at once

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
news:6eaf7bb0-619e-4c09-b5f8-

stuff snipped

I only see one problem:

A driver who didn't slow down enough based on the driving conditions
at the time. I treat wet leaves the same as I treat ice and snow -
drive on them as slow and as carefully as reasonable.

I feel compelled to say you can drive as safely as you want and still get
nailed. I slow down considerably for wet leaves but the woman behind me
didn't and hit me hard enough to leave an impression of her SUV license
plate on the back of my little Honda. Fortunately, accidents on snow, ice
and wet leaves tend to be less injurious to people (but not cars) than those
on dry pavement because there's less friction.

She even had the audacity to ask me why I stopped for the stop sign! "No
one else does!" (This was one of those weird streets with parallel side
streets where people routinely just blocked the intersection during rush
hour.)

The only time that topped that was when a college student backing out of
driveway T-boned me as I waited in a line of cars. "Didn't you see me
backing up?" Well, yes I did, and I was honking the horn listening to my
back seat passengers screaming "She's going to ram us!" Jeez. It's a
pretty funny feeling to see certain trouble coming from 100 feet away and
being powerless to stop it.

Almost as good as time someone pulling out of a parking lot into heavy
traffic hit me (traveling below the speed limit in the relatively clear
right hand turn lane). She insisted on calling the cops because she was
sure she was in the right and I had been speeding. The cop insisted on
giving her a ticket once he saw that the exit's design prevented her from
seeing *anything* except a huge truck coming. (-:

--
Bobby G.