Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Cutting padlocks

"Robert Green" wrote in
:

"Bob F" wrote in message
Robert Green wrote:
I've got a padlock that's been outside too long. The key won't
turn (although after copious amounts of WD40 it does, finally,
enter the lock) and it's in a rather hard to reach spot. I'm
heading off to Harbor Freight this weekend, so I was thinking that
the best way to remove the lock would be to buy an angle grinder
and the appropriate cutoff wheels.

If you have a standard rotary "skill" saw, a $2 metal abrasive cutoff

blade in
it will do the job. Or, at least try the dremel ith the appropriate

abrasive
blade.

Is that like a roto-zip saw? I got one for Christmas but never opened
it. Now might be the time!

Uhhh, yuhhhh!! Open the f'n thing!

Yer done...even though there 50 k more replies below.

--
Bobby G.