Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default Nakamichi CD Player 3 - needs to heat before it's able to read disc

On Mon, 28 Nov 2011 05:41:17 -0600, "Mark Zacharias"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
I've seen the main power supply filter cap open up on these.

And I've seen "bad" caps temporarily get better after a period of time.
Sounds like a good place to start checking. And PS caps are generally easy
to replace.

I should have mentioned that the aforementioned filter cap can result in
symptoms similar to those reported by the OP.

FWIW, I had the same problem in an old Tevion DVD player (Aldi
supermarket brand).

- Franc Zabkar