Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
John Fields John Fields is offline

Default Very low power dynamo (alternator actually).

On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 15:31:58 -0000, "Ian Field"
wrote:

"John Fields" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 28 Nov 2011 14:38:05 -0000, "Ian Field"
wrote:

"John Fields" wrote in message
On Mon, 28 Nov 2011 13:29:16 -0000, "Ian Field"
wrote:

"John Fields" wrote in message
om...
On Sun, 27 Nov 2011 18:47:01 -0000, "Ian Field"
wrote:

FYI: I'm already getting more than 3W by using a voltage doubling
bridge
rectifier,

---
How are you managing to double the voltage using a bridge rectifier?

--
JF

You don't know!!!

---
Don't be ridiculous; I'm just interested in how _you're_ managing to
do it.

--
JF

Same way as all those PC PSUs (and loads of other things) that have 2
electrolytics in the rectifier/reservoir and a 110/230V jumper link.

---
So you're wasting two diodes and a switch?

--
JF

I don't think you've quite recovered from being dropped on your head
(several times!).

---
You'll be in 6th grade next year, huh?
---

There was a very strong temptation not to dignify your idiotic comment with
a response, however since you appear to be an absolute novice I will try as
hard as I can to educate you.

It started off as a plain bridge rectifier, but I used a "trick of the
trade"

---
The Delon circuit.
---

of adding voltage doubler capacitors - although the SLA battery will
prevent it actually doubling, in trying to do so it will force the
alternator to push more current.

---
Think so?

Why not measure it and find out for sure?

--
JF