Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Ian Field Ian Field is offline

Default Very low power dynamo (alternator actually).

"John Fields" wrote in message
On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 22:43:33 -0000, "Ian Field"
wrote:

"John Fields" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 15:43:20 -0000, "Ian Field"
wrote:

"Artemus" wrote in message

"John Larkin" wrote in
message
On Sun, 27 Nov 2011 19:50:15 -0000, "Ian Field"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson"
wrote
in
message ...
On Sun, 27 Nov 2011 10:50:39 -0800, Fred Abse
wrote:

On Sun, 27 Nov 2011 10:28:17 -0800, John Larkin wrote:

Alternators like this are often designed with a lot of internal
series
inductance. As speed increases, open-circuit terminal voltage
increases, but the series inductance impedance increases too,
tending
to make them constant-current sources, ideal for driving light
bulbs
at sorta constant brightness at various speeds.

What I was going to say.

I think there is an ancient patent somewhere about just that.

Well! Alternators _are_ current sources, but not for the reason
Larkin claims... no surprise ;-)

...Jim Thompson

That's all we need - the schoolyard bully just turned up!

And, as usual, he offers no actual information.

John

Jim makes you think.

He might make you think (I shudder to think what about!!!),

---
You should shudder, since you seem to have so little technical acumen
and he isn't afraid to point you out as the village idiot.
---

but when he's
not posting his inane political rants, the thing I see him doing most is
hurling insults at people he doesn't agree with - he was straight on the
attack (totally unprovoked) at JL and didn't take long to follow up by
calling me a village idiot.

---
Why should it, when it certainly doesn't take long to state the
obvious?
---

He fits the profile of a troll perfectly - every time I post a question
he
turns it into a flame war and prevents me getting any answers.

---
Please...

You're just not important enough to be flamed for honest questions you
ask and, as far as I can tell, you aren't.

What you _do_ get flamed for is being an arrogant little prig.
---

You soon get to know who people are - birds of a feather stick together.

---
It's: "Birds of a feather flock together."

Birds which stick together don't need to be "of a feather", they just
need to land in an oil slick.

--
JF

Just keep on trolling - it suits me you showing your true colours.

---
Then it should please you to know that because of the true colors of
my lure, on which you bit, I don't have to troll anymore, on your
case, since I've got you well and truly hooked.

All that's left now is to exhaust you as I reel you in and decide what
to do with you when you're thrashing around, gasping for breath, on my
deck.

I'll probably let you live, and throw you back into the melee with the
lesson you learned which saved your life.

--
JF

Well you've successfully sabotaged my question - I'm sure you must be a very
proud little troll.