Posted to alt.home.repair
David Combs David Combs is offline

Default Bathroom Heater Choices

When I was a kid back in the 50's, my parent's house
had gas heaters in the bathrooms.

Had to light them by hand. There'd be this blue
flame along the bottom, and then above that, some kind
of ceramic lattice parallel to the face of the tiled
wall, with little half-or-a-third inch cones (same ceramic
material) sticking out, that the heat from the gas flame
would slowly heat to reddish hot -- and I think it was
those things that radiated the heat out into the room.

That was a long time ago. I wonder if people still use
those things today.

(Those were the days when children weren't so protected
from everything. Concrete in playgrounds you could fall
onto (better not!), no rubber-like play-GROUNDS anywhere, and,
if you can believe it, all kids went out trick-or-treating
by themselves -- no parent would ever even think of coming
along!)

Hey -- back then, we even had something called "democracy"!

Not only that, but the constitution actually meant something!

Man, those were the days!

David