Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
tom koehler tom koehler is offline

Default David Springett undercutting tool

On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 8:01:39 -0600, dustyone wrote
(in message
):

Hello,

I have been working with the Springett tools, in conjunction with his
WoodTurning Wizardry book. I've been able to make several reasonably
good captive cubes, but I've only been able to do so by undercutting
the sphere freehand, (without the use of the undercutting tool
(Crown)). This leaves a rather imperfect surface on the inside of the
sphere. Has anyone used the undercutting tool? Is there a trick to
its use? When I use it, I usually shatter the sphere. Will the
Springett video help?

Best regards,

CB

got no qualified answers, just go here. your head will explode in envy. mine
did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw1rs-DKdAs

tom koehler

--