Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Electric Heaters Not 100% Efficient?

On Nov 29, 1:27*pm, wrote:
On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 10:24:47 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"

wrote:
I can't remember what your furnace fuel source is. My
experiences with electric devices include having electric
baseboard heat one time. Nearly bankrupt me. And the time I
did some carpet cleaning in my trailer, and ran a
dehumidifier, which really increased my electric bill.

My counsell is to put a vent on one of the ducts from your
furnace, or find a way to circulate air. So that the furnace
is the heat source. Much cheaper, over the long run.

You can put carpet in the family room, or maybe some
insulation under the floor.

*He's GOT 8 inches of insulation under the family room floor,
apparently.

Thank you...and yes there is carpet on the floor also.