Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul Drahn Paul Drahn is offline

Default Cloudy gas????

On 11/28/2011 6:07 PM, Dave wrote:
On 11/28/2011 12:13 AM, Paul Drahn wrote:
On 11/27/2011 8:34 PM, Dave wrote:
I was getting the snow blower ready for winter and when I went to fill
the tank noticed the gas in the can was cloudy. The gas was purchased
around the beginning of Oct and stored with a tight lid so I cant
imagine it has gone bad...or has it???? Is it ok to use?

I called the gas station but they don't seem to know anything.

If the gas temperature was much below 32 degrees, then the alcohol in
the gasoline has absorbed water and it has frozen out of solution in the
alcohol. Just a guess, as you mentioned snow!

Paul

Just what I feared. I'll prolly toss the gas on the brush pile.

Be sure to get a fire started before tossing the gas. Ask me how I know!

Paul