Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cloudy gas????

I've heard that ethanol attacks seals.

Did we "let the politicians"? I thought they decided on
their own. We might be able to rein in the pols, but who can
tell. I suspect the pols have taken on a life of thier own.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Frank"
wrote in message ...

I've got a 4 stroke Tecumseh which says to either store with
stabilized
gas or run dry. The one year I left stabilized gas in it,
it would not
run and carburetor seals had to be replaced. Further
reading of manual
says not to use gas with ethanol in it. The ethanol
increases the
polarity of the gas which may attack seals not made for it.
This is the
kind of unintended consequences you get when you let
politicians make
technical decisions on what must be put in your gas.