Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home[_3_] dennis@home[_3_] is offline

Default Ping TNP re gridwatch

"Martin Brown" wrote in message
On 29/11/2011 12:07, dennis@home wrote:

"Martin Brown" wrote in message
On 29/11/2011 11:00, dennis@home wrote:

"Martin Brown" wrote in message

You can't attach too much importance to a single years weather.
Averaged over 11 years to largely eliminate any solar sunspot cycle
influence you get to see the long term underlying trends more clearly.

What about the longer bigger solar cycles that we have only just
discovered?

Which ones would those be?

We now know that the peaks (and troughs) of the 11 year sunspot cycle
have been getting higher for the last 50 years.

Absolute utter rubbish. The sunspot cycle peaked in intensity about
1958 (cycle 19) and has been gradually declining ever since. It all
but stalled from 2006-2010 with hardly any sunspots visible for months.

You obviously don't understand them.
Hint, the lower the number of sunspots the higher the solar flux.

You are clueless beyond words. The active sun is on average brighter. This
is well known and easily demonstrated by the satellite flux monitoring
data.

http://astro.ic.ac.uk/research/solar...ance-variation

The link you posted does not say anything about me being wrong so I guess
you didn't read it.

It does specifically talk about longer periods of solar variance in the last
paragraph, something you were questioning earlier.
So I guess you have found that for yourself now, if you have read it.