Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_13_] Frank[_13_] is offline

Default Cloudy gas????

On 11/28/2011 8:33 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I bought a snow blower, had been sitting for a while. Two
stroke Tecumseh engine. Would not run, as the metering jet
for the carb was clogged. Dissemble, and clear that. After
clearing the jet every five minutes, a couple times. I found
a fuel filter I had figured to use on a lawn mower, new in
package. With some hesitation, I gave my snow blower a
vasectomy, and put in a fuel filter. Runs a lot better, now.

I've got a 4 stroke Tecumseh which says to either store with stabilized
gas or run dry. The one year I left stabilized gas in it, it would not
run and carburetor seals had to be replaced. Further reading of manual
says not to use gas with ethanol in it. The ethanol increases the
polarity of the gas which may attack seals not made for it. This is the
kind of unintended consequences you get when you let politicians make
technical decisions on what must be put in your gas.