Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default Cloudy gas????

On Nov 28, 9:55*pm, Frank wrote:
On 11/28/2011 2:35 PM, harry wrote:

On Nov 28, 5:06 pm, *wrote:
On Nov 27, 11:34 pm, *wrote:

I was getting the snow blower ready for winter and when I went to fill
the tank noticed the gas in the can was cloudy. The gas was purchased
around the beginning of Oct and stored with a tight lid so I cant
imagine it has gone bad...or has it???? Is it ok to use?

I called the gas station but they don't seem to know anything.

Sounds like water. *Probably too late to see if gas station is at
fault.
Chamois filter idea sounds good or maybe even dry paper.

No amount of filtering will remove water from petrol.
Water in petrol is normal and is permitted to controlled levels,
Petrol *is hygroscopic it absorbs water from the air and there is
water in it when manufactured.
It can only be removed by an adsorbent device..

It's not filtering but absorbing into the chamois or paper.
In the lab, I'd use anhydrous calcium sulfate or molecular sieves.
Petrol, without alcohol is not hygroscopic.- Hide quoted text -

http://www.fueldoctors.com/tech_talk...nation/more/7/