Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ping TNP re gridwatch

dennis@home wrote:

"Roger Chapman" wrote in message

Those who claim that they are inaccurate have prejudices rather than
more accurate models to support their assertions.

You can know how inaccurate the models are without having to have a more
accurate model.
Those that think you need a more accurate model to prove the other one
is bad don't understand the basics.

To give an example of a very common but frequently very inaccurate model
just look at weather forecasting.
What's more we know why its inaccurate and we don't need a more accurate
model to prove it, without prejudice.

Funny enough many of the reasons weather forecasts are inaccurate also
apply to climate models, like not knowing the initial conditions very well.

Or the actual relevant mechanisms.