Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Converting SINGLE light switch to MULTIPLE light switch usingWIRELESS control?

On 11/28/2011 9:07 AM, Robert Macy wrote:
Does anybody make a wireless system for converting a single light
switch to multiple light switch?

Problem: have a single light switch located in the most obnoxious
location, some idiot laid out the switch locations. Want to have TWO
controls of these lights, with the controls mounted in more
'appropriate' places.
Solution: a ?? that mounts behind the original switch with built in
receiver, plus two wireless transmitters [or three] that toggle the
light setting. The wireless controllers need only be as large as the
wireless doorlock controllers on your car keys. Each could easily
mount in the selected locations with a low profile to blend in,
looking like regular, wired switches.

Anybody make these things?

I thought I remembered Leviton manufacturing them:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/d2h7wy8

A good source for that sort of thing is:

http://www.smarthome.com/_/index.aspx

http://www.smarthome.com/2531W/Levit...t-White/p.aspx

http://preview.tinyurl.com/4dkq827

TDD