Posted to alt.home.repair
gpsman gpsman is offline

Default Ah, the enjoyment of gun ownership and use...

On Nov 28, 10:48*am, N8N wrote:
On Nov 28, 10:36*am, gpsman wrote:
On Nov 28, 9:47*am, N8N wrote:
On Nov 28, 12:52*am, gpsman wrote:
On Nov 27, 1:35*pm, Nate Nagel wrote:
On 11/27/2011 12:56 PM, Home Guy wrote:
Gun issues rank
right up there with abortion and taxes as being the MOST political
issues in the US.

There are no "gun issues" save for people owning them who have not been
properly trained in the safe use and handling thereof.

Non sequitur. *Training does not prevent willful misconduct, as you
should well know. *You don't operate motor vehicles in accordance with
your training.

Cite?

With pleasure!

http://i52.tinypic.com/23lawyf.jpght...com/group/misc.......

Link no worky.

And it couldn't be you.

Try this, Sparky.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...t=d irectlink

As if all your Usenet reported traffic tickets, that you must know you
have, that I have cited on numerous occasions, did not suggest to you
that you do not operate in accordance with your training...

I wonder how you might feel about that criticism if it were to fault
US speed limits...?

Depends. *Is it a US citizen doing the criticizing, or a xenophobic
foreigner?

Please cite the symptoms of xenophobia, and your qualifications to
diagnose same.

I was obviously using it in a colloquial sense, not a clinical one,
and I would think that the condescending tone amply proves my point.

That makes perfect sense if condescending tone is suggestive of
xenophobia, and "xenophobia" could be considered a colloquialism.

But they are not, so you have no point. Your use of xenophobic is
nothing more than ad hominem. Obviously.

Let me guess, you think that meat magically appears on little
shrink-wrapped styrofoam trays?

Let me guess. *You think "meat" is shot with a gun before slaughter...
and you've never "observed" must less "read about" what goes on on a
kill floor...?

Not all meat comes from the supermarket.

Straw man. *Where else does it appear on shrink wrapped styrofoam
trays...?

Sometimes it doesn't at all. *Sometimes it appears wrapped in fur.

Non sequitur. The premise is the appearance of meat on shrink wrapped
styrofoam trays.

It appears you are functionally illiterate and a suggestion to try to
keep up with the subject, and stick to it, would be futile.

In some significant parts of
the US, it might even be "most" meat does not come from a supermarket,

And frogs might fly out of my ass.

Whatever you do on your own time, I don't want to know about.

Sparkling rebuttal. You must have some George Will in your blood.

but the shooting with a gun (rifle or slug barrel shotgun) *is* the
slaughter.

That makes absolutely no sense. *Slaughtering does not occur by
gunshot (but it sure would make packing an elk out of the woods a lot
easier).

My point is, oh intellectually challenged one, is that in significant
areas of the YooEss, hunting provides a significant portion of many
families' meat supply.

Straw man. That 2 miles from the premise: "you think that meat
magically appears on little shrink-wrapped styrofoam trays?"

And your use of "significant" is moronically vague. Obviously you
must know which significant areas to which you allude, and the basis
of their significance. Is it land area, population, or other?

Name those areas and their significances, you who have never reported
to Usenet venturing west of the Mississippi, so that the reader may
evaluate their significance for themselves.

You're falling into the same trap as the OP, ASSuming that what is
commonplace and normal where he lives is applicable to somewhere that
he's never even been.

I neglected to set fire to that straw man out of kindness. It is you
purporting that wild game is a... significantly common and normal
source of meat.

And that suggests that a significant number of people, let's say 10%
per capita of an unspecified significant area, must either poach (as
does my ex-BIL), have giant freezers for storage and/or pay for
storage, or have small families that are sustained and/or satisfied on
the limited game one can legally harvest.

I remember when one could expect the typical ironymeter to last a
lifetime and be bequeathed to one's heirs.

You don't remember ****, because it's clear that you never knew much
to begin with.

Yes, of course. I only grew up on a farm and started hunting when I
was 8, and half of my family is from barefoot ****-kickin' Kentucky
and preferred chicken, because they didn't have to hunt them and they
taste a whole lot better than most parts of most large wild game.

Generally, a few prime pieces are kept and the rest of most large
animals is ground and beef and/or pork added because they're too damn
lean to be very tasty.
-----

- gpsman