PoP

Default "Part P in force by 2004"

On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 17:28:16 +0000, Andy Hall
wrote:

You can anyway. There isn't a requirement about who *does* the work,
only that it is inspected and certified or a building notice issued if
anybody *except* a member of a SCAM organisation (who can self
certify) does it. There's an exception for kitchens.

Amazing isn't it? I have a job fitting a new cooker hood for someone
later this week, and in doing so I won't be touching the electrical
infrastructure of the house - just connecting up to the fused spur
that is already in existence.

This cooker hood could be in or out of the new legislation (arguments
welcome), but from next April or whenever it seems certain that I'll
have to turn away work that I could have done.

Maybe it'll be time for me to start hammering on the door of the local
job centre to collect my JSA. Reason: Can't work because of government
initiated dogma.

PoP