Posted to alt.home.repair
gpsman gpsman is offline

Default Ah, the enjoyment of gun ownership and use...

On Nov 28, 9:47*am, N8N wrote:
On Nov 28, 12:52*am, gpsman wrote:
On Nov 27, 1:35*pm, Nate Nagel wrote:
On 11/27/2011 12:56 PM, Home Guy wrote:
Gun issues rank
right up there with abortion and taxes as being the MOST political
issues in the US.

There are no "gun issues" save for people owning them who have not been
properly trained in the safe use and handling thereof.

Non sequitur. *Training does not prevent willful misconduct, as you
should well know. *You don't operate motor vehicles in accordance with
your training.

Cite?

With pleasure!

http://i52.tinypic.com/23lawyf.jpg
http://groups.google.com/group/misc....n&dmode=source

US citizens have
the right to own guns, don't like it, don't live here - and don't
criticize us for our choices if you live elsewhere.

You tell 'im, Nate. * The US is above criticism... from beyond our
borders.

I wonder how you might feel about that criticism if it were to fault
US speed limits...?

Depends. *Is it a US citizen doing the criticizing, or a xenophobic
foreigner?

Please cite the symptoms of xenophobia, and your qualifications to
diagnose same.

Let me guess, you think that meat magically appears on little
shrink-wrapped styrofoam trays?

Let me guess. *You think "meat" is shot with a gun before slaughter....
and you've never "observed" must less "read about" what goes on on a
kill floor...?

Not all meat comes from the supermarket.

Straw man. Where else does it appear on shrink wrapped styrofoam
trays...?

In some significant parts of
the US, it might even be "most" meat does not come from a supermarket,

And frogs might fly out of my ass.

but the shooting with a gun (rifle or slug barrel shotgun) *is* the
slaughter.

That makes absolutely no sense. Slaughtering does not occur by
gunshot (but it sure would make packing an elk out of the woods a lot
easier).

You're falling into the same trap as the OP, ASSuming that what is
commonplace and normal where he lives is applicable to somewhere that
he's never even been.

I remember when one could expect the typical ironymeter to last a
lifetime and be bequeathed to one's heirs.
-----

- gpsman