Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

Default Repaired Harbor Freight digital caliper

On Sun, 27 Nov 2011 14:08:41 -0800, Winston
wrote:

How about a weighted leaf switch in series with the
cell? It could take the form of a thicker
'battery door'. The bulk bypass caps in the caliper
would hopefully maintain power during vibration
glitches and overhead measurements.

Place the caliper 'display down' and power
is removed.

--Winston--Cheap! Quick!

Retch. A position sensitive on/off mechanism is prone to failure if
the device is parked in an unusual position. For example, if I put it
in it's protective case, and then toss it into my toolbox face up, it
will remain on. It would also prevent me from using in the face down
position.

Please don't suggest an inertial on/off mechanism (shake to operate).
Bouncing around in my car will probably turn it on.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D