Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Cutting padlocks

"Steve B" wrote in message
.. .

"Robert Green" wrote

Never know when you're going to out fishing and have a huge "20,000
Leagues
Under the Sea" type killer squid come for you.

--
Bobby G.

Seems to me that they have proven the old stories of giant squid.
Definitely of a size that could easily take a man. Then there's the old
Kraken stories.

The sucker mark "projections" put the size of giant squids in the 100's of
feet. While lots of pretty big squid have been found (2 tons and 50' long
and larger) they have not yet found squid as big as a sperm whale, which is
what the "stretched" sucker marks indicated. That's not saying they don't
exist - they hang out in very deep waters and are generally quite shy - just
that they're as yet undiscovered. Apparently they hang out near New Zealand
and Japan, where they regularly appear in deep nets meant to snare orange
roughies. Two tons is big enough in my book and more than large enough to
be a mankiller. (-:

--
Bobby G.