Posted to alt.home.repair
Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds is offline

Default Cutting padlocks

In article ,
wrote:

On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 19:56:38 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
wrote:

In article ,
"Forrest" wrote:

I had a Master padlock on my garage that was in the same shape as yours.
The key would go in and turn but wouldn't open it. I tried every
penetrating oil I could find. I got the hack saw out and it was about as
effective as a butter knife. The hammer was next ... no go. I then took my
propane torch to it. After heating it up cherry red and letting it cool,
the hack saw cut it as easily as if it were aluminum. After reading the
description of your lock set-up I can see that high heat is not an option
but thought I would mention the torch bit for others in a similar
situation. Good luck

there is always dry ice

Which would DEFINITELY shatter the hose.

I wonder if running water thru the hose would prevent that. Or just careful
placement of the dry ice