Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Cutting padlocks

"Robert Green" wrote in
:

"micky" wrote in message
On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 18:20:17 -0500, "Robert Green"
wrote:

"Oren" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 02:21:28 GMT, Red Green
wrote:

An ordinary hacksaw

If it's a hardened shank? Don't think so.

I still have a Master padlock from years ago. I had a storage unit
for a awhile. Crooks cut off all the locks along one side of the
building and stole property.

My lock has jaw marks, but bolt cutters never got more than 1/3
into the shackle. Maybe the cutters used were too small.

I don't know why, but this reminds me of how the stories of giant
squids that were 100's of feet long got started. Whales were found
with sucker mark scars nearly a foot in diameter, which led
oceanologists to believe they were attacked by giant squids.
Further study showed that baby

whales
often get attacked by large squid that leave sucker marks an inch or
two

in
diameter. As the whales grew, the marks enlarged like writing on a

balloon,
until they appeared to be so large only a colossal squid could have
made them.

That's very funny. And I feel safer now.

Never know when you're going to out fishing and have a huge "20,000
Leagues Under the Sea" type killer squid come for you.

--
Bobby G.

It's worse than you think. I was just sitting here typing and next thing
you know one comes in one side of the screen room and walks out the
other.

OK, well this one is a tad smaller but it is a fishing related post.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...150510810.html