Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cutting padlocks

On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 16:19:25 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

"Oren" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 02:21:28 GMT, Red Green
wrote:

An ordinary hacksaw

If it's a hardened shank? Don't think so.

I still have a Master padlock from years ago. I had a storage unit for
a awhile. Crooks cut off all the locks along one side of the building
and stole property.

My lock has jaw marks, but bolt cutters never got more than 1/3 into
the shackle. Maybe the cutters used were too small.

That would be my guess. Mine will go through 1/2" rebar.

Steve

rebar and hardened steel are two completely different materials