Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Cutting padlocks

wrote in message

stuff snipped

There are a LOT of (good) padlocks out there that will just take the
teeth off a hacksaw - but a good cutoff wheel on a 4" angle grinder
will take them off. (some might take the better part of a wheel
though)

I'm not going to be hacksawing with my arthritis. )-: I expect the
operation to cost a cut-off disk - or two - especially since I'm not as
steady holding things as I used to be. It sounds like a $10 on sale angle
grinder and a pack of wheels might do the trick. I am going to try some
more primitive methods first - drowing it in more oil through the keyhole
(the WD40 did loosen things enough to allow for key entry, but not turning).

Thanks for your input!

--
Bobby G.