Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Adrian C Adrian C is offline

Default How to adjust Volume control range on TV monitor?

On 26/11/2011 22:43, Robert Macy wrote:
Hasn't the satellite receiver got volume controls on the remote?.

--
Adrian C

The volume control on the Direct TV remote controls the MONITOR's
volume only, not the 'feed' to the monitor. Same with Power ON/OFF,
feeds simultaneously through to the Monitor when you turn ON/OFF the
satellite receiver.

Thus, no effect on the 'range'

Ah, I see. It's like my TiVo. The remote for that sends IR to the output
device, as well as the recorder.

Your satellite receiver and monitor should also have analogue RCA inputs
and outputs for sound. Perhaps you could connect these, and get better
control of the sound level using that? (That is if the HMDI digital
audio is not enforced if the video input is in use).

Or you could try external speakers (PC audio?) that have a volume
control, and connect them to the monitor's headphone jack.

--
Adrian C