Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Preserve MDF

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

On 26 Nov 2011 00:06:44 GMT, Puckdropper
puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

Wilfred Xavier Pickles wrote in
m:

I just made a table saw sled using 1/2" MDF for the base.

MDF is very prone to expansion from moisture. I have some Minwax
Polyurethane. Suitable to seal the MDF? Just around the edges, or
all surfaces?

Thx,
Will

Do the whole thing. The poly should work, but as LJ says "stain and
poly are their own rewards."

Not rewards, PUNISHMENT, Pucky, you ****-stirrin' SOB.

--
Stain and poly are their own punishment.

That'll teach me not to look up a quote. I thought you used "reward" in
the sarcastic sense. A "you've been bad, so here's your reward" type of
thing.

My apologies,

Puckdropper
--