Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Carpet Cleaning business equipment/questions

Joe speaks with wisdom. I'll admit, I've tried to hire
friends as employees. None worked out. It's too hard to
change from buddies to "do what you're told". Sadly, I don't
have enough work to hire a full time employee, just need
part time labor. One day at a time, or so.

I had a chance to attend some business college, but thought
I knew what I was doing. Years later, I wish I'd taken some
business courses, but I had not.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Joe" wrote in message

Whoa there Dude...you have the cart way before the horse.
You first
mistake is having a friend as an employee, never works,
never will.

Your next error is taking on anything without a well
developed
business plan. You will need financing, plus all the
ancillary
services that businesses must use, like legal, accounting,
etc.

Take a deep breath, check out some college level courses on
business
development and learn how to form and present your plans to
people who
will make the vital decisions with respect to your proposed
operation.
From where you are now, the business sounds about as
promising as
selling vacuum cleaners or encyclopedias door to door.

Above all, remember that carpets are being replaced almost
everywhere
these days by hardwood (fake or real) flooring. Good luck.

Joe