Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Carpet Cleaning business equipment/questions

There's a bunch of machines for sale on Ebay. Might be worth
buying a cheap one there, and go pick it up, or have it
truck freighted to you.

Also, please call for prices of insurance. Very often, the
insurance costs more than the job brings in.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Ron" wrote in message

I'd suggest testing the waters, b/4 jumping in with both
feet and making
the investment.

Thanks for the information and feedback. I am still looking
into types of
portable machines to get, how much they cost, etc. But, so
far, the
consensus seems to be that a portable extraction machine is
the way to go.

I agree that the cost of advertising and dealing with a lot
of competition
could be an issue. In my case, I wouldn't need to build up
the business
enough to support a full time income for anyone. It would
mostly be a
situation where the person that I have in mind would be
doing the jobs on a
part-time as-needed basis only. And, I am not planning on
spending much if
anything on advertising. The reason is that I have a couple
of almost-free
local sources of getting carpet cleaning jobs. One is that
a friend of mine
owns a dry cleaning business in a somewhat upscale
neighborhood with a lot
of customers. He would let me set up a little display for
free about my
carpet cleaning business where his customers would see it,
and I would give
him some money from each job that we got that way. Also, I
belong to a
large real estate investor group that has an email exchange
list among the
members. I could let fellow members know that I have a
carpet cleaning
business that they could use for cleaning carpets when
getting their rentals
ready for their next tenants.