Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default GE Paid No Taxes on $14 Billion in Profits

On Nov 25, 5:19*pm, Hawke wrote:

In the facts, yes, I confess. But you miss the point as usual. Those 280
companies were not just any companies. They were from S&P 500. So they
are 280 of the biggest companies in the country not just any companies.
You are also making an assumption and a looney one too. I just gave you
the facts that of the 500 biggest companies over half are paying 18% in
taxes. Based on that fact that normal conclusion would be if they aren't
paying that much in taxes then the others probably aren't either. Yet
you are taking the opposite position. Which is if over half of the
biggest companies don't pay high taxes then all the other companies do?
You call that logical?

Yes I do call that logical. The biggest corporations are much more
likely to be international companies with a lot of their profits from
overseas operations. The profits from overseas operations are not
subject to U.S. income tax until brought back to the states. So it is
extremely logical that the largest companies are not representative of
companies as a whole.

You also keep wanting me to do your research for you, which I refuse to
do any longer.

I keep wanting you to do some research and use real facts. When you
pull numbers out of your ass, I do want citations because I do not
feel you can find any evidence to your claims.

I find facts and give them to you, then you deny them and
want citations for everything. Why aren't you familiar with the facts
yourself? How come you don't know what rate American companies are
really paying?

Duh. You are the one making the claims. And when questioned you come
up with some junk research as basing all companies on being like the
biggest companies.

How can you argue anything about their taxes when you
don't know what they are really paying? I tell you the truth and you
deny it. How about you look up what the "real" rate American
corporations are paying and tell me? Then I can ask you for the citation
and call you a liar until you show them. Until then you can be sure that
when I tell you something it's based on facts I came across not just
some rumor I heard some stranger telling his friend. I'm not Gummer.

You may not be like Gunner, but you do feel free to use questionable
data.

Dan

Hawke