Posted to uk.d-i-y
DaveN[_2_] DaveN[_2_] is offline

Default 8cm legs/plinth - IKEA Faktum?

On Nov 26, 11:40*am, "Flynn" wrote:
Hi

Does anyone know if IKEA Faktum (kitchen cab) plastic legs can be cut down
to 8cm (from 16cm) and remain functionally sound?

If not, I'm looking for ideas on how to raise cabs from floor safely by
exactly 8cm - sorry, I'm not too handy and pushed for time ...

No, they can't.

However, you can buy the shortest (11cm) stainless legs, remove the
screwed insert at the top, cut them down with a hacksaw or grinder,
and then put the insert back in.

If it's all going to be hidden behind a plinth, you could simply use
wooden blocks under the side panels of the units. You don't need legs
at the back at all, just sit everything on a batten screwed to the
wall.

Dave