Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Recommendations for Viscosity cup for HVLP spraying

On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 10:52:02 -0600, Swingman wrote:

On 11/23/2011 12:25 AM, wrote:

If you would indulge me, how big are your spray projects? Are you
spraying out enough material all at once to dump the gun? How big is
your cup?

Not all that big ... this is about as big as they get:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...TexasTansu2005

Oh, the BeigeSu project.

Mostly furniture sized projects ... I leave the kitchens, and most of
the client's who want a lacquer finish, to the pro's ... but I do spray
all my personal projects.

Smart man.

IIRC, the Earlex is a two stage unit, no? Are you controlling
the air flow or are you wide out?

Just turn her on let'r rip.

VERY cool.

Inquiring minds... I hate unsolved puzzles.

When it comes to spray finishing I operate on the "ignorance is bliss"
principle (the less I know the less I have to fuss with settings and the
less I'm befuddled) ... I turn it on, adjust for the pattern I want,
adjust the material flow and distance (on a piece of scrap) to my
suiting, and wave away (using my politically correct, well practiced
waving method, which apparently also has the pope's blessing because it
comes out good ... AAMOF, I no longer feel I need to say a rosary before
pulling the trigger!)

Dood!, I'm a simple man ... no complications please!

KISS has a very large following here, too.

--
Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.
-- Margaret Lee Runbeck