Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ping TNP re gridwatch

wrote:
On 25 Nov,
Roger Chapman (and others) wrote:

And I see that you at least think that maximum wind power at the time
of minimum demand is not a problem.
at the moment its relatively pathetic so it isn't.

You sure about that?

It seems to have been around 50% of nuclear output for the last day or two,
7.5% oftotal. Not an insignificant amount.

Last time I looked at electicity generation output, gas, nuclear and coal
were all about 33%, now coal is not far off 50%, nuclear about 16% and gas
most of the remainder.

What has caused the drop in nuclear? It can't be all down to the
decommisioning of magnox, surely?

Torness was off line.
Grid fault.

Takes a few days to come back on.

That's about 1GW

Couple of other reactors are running low due to end of life constraints
- no point in fixing em as they are due to close soon.

Al.so the sea is warm. That drops the power output from the final stage
condensers