Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.sailing
Davey Davey is offline

Default Reflecting cold

On 25 Nov 2011 22:56:21 GMT
Huge wrote:

On 2011-11-25, Davey wrote:
On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 09:45:40 -0800 (PST)
Martin Bonner wrote:

On Nov 24, 11:13Â*pm, Davey wrote:
"TonyB" wrote:
Later she attended my department so I asked why she was going
so fast in the snow. She was from Florida she said and "Nobody
told me the Goddam stuff was slippery".

TonyB

Now that one I agree with. Even in Michigan, the first snow
catches hundreds of motorists out, with subsequent involuntary
trips to the repair shop.

Yup, and nobody in Michigan uses winter tyres despite the fact they
get months of sub-zero temperatures!

True. I never did!
My best drive was in heavy snow, from some town near Fraser, Ontario
(NW of Guelph) back to Suburban Detroit, in 6 hours, for about 300
miles. The long country roads were empty, and as long as I kept
driving smoothly, I was in control, just. I had to get back, there
was a Burns Night party to go to!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zirXvjxXqzw

(I *think* it's Walter Rohrl.)

Yeah, but he was on an empty racetrack, I was on public roads, passing
little old ladies hunched over their steering wheels!
--
Davey.