Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default OT Amazon to begin charging state sales tax

On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 10:42:13 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 08:38:08 -0500, George
wrote:

I do think that tax collectors shouldn't need need to incur any
additional expense. So the taxing body needs to cover the cost of the
database.

I don't know how it works today, but years ago, I kept a portion of
the tax collected as my fee. On big sellers, it would cover costs. I'm
sure it varies by state though.

I collected for NY from 76 to 84 or so. I never got squat for the
paperwork.

The way the tax tables were set up it might cost me a few cents to
have the pleasure of serving my state & counties.

Jim